Supporting Australia’s largest healthcare workforce to meet current and future demands, the Overcoming Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Challenges Forum will be held in Sydney, 20-22nd June 2023.
Do you want the fair wages, safe working conditions and promising career pathways that hardworking nursing and midwifery professionals deserve? The Overcoming Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Challenges Forum will present opportunities to network and collaborate with nursing and midwifery peers, and offer innovative strategies for overcoming workplace challenges.
The forum program brings together relevant and trending themes including recruitment, retention, workplace conditions, sustainability, cultural awareness and clinical research. Other highlights for delegates will include:
- Hear four CNMOs propose their plans for future workforce success
- Develop industry partnerships to ensure graduates smoothly transition into the workforce
- Accelerate your career pathway by connecting with leaders and innovators in the nursing & midwifery sector
- Learn about how investing in recruitment leads to better retention
- Create an environment of empowerment and value to improve employee satisfaction
- Reshape your understanding through holistic health models of continuity care, sustainable practices and culturally sensitive spaces
- Facilitate more nursing and midwife focused research to drive better practice
- Discover the benefits of working in rural and remote Australia
Post-forum workshop with Susan Nancarrow
A post forum workshop featuring Adjunct Professor Dr Susan Nancarrow will highlight the individual and structural factors that unconsciously inhibit workforce capacity, explore opportunities and drivers for change, and consider some blue-sky thinking to enable the nursing and midwifery workforce to be optimised to its full capacity to best meet patient needs.