Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs
Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs is a learning community designed specifically to support and guide you on your entrepreneurial journey. We created this community and embedded pre-accelerator program to bridge the gap between clinical expertise and business acumen, helping you create a profitable service delivery model that empowers you to do more of the work you love.
We provide you with the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary to build a sustainable business, unlock new opportunities, and make a meaningful impact in allied health.
Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs brings together industry experts, cutting-edge strategies, and an integrated community of practice to help you navigate the challenges of starting, growing, and scaling an allied health business.
Join us and unleash your full potential as an allied health entrepreneur.
Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs – Pre-Accelerator Program
The pre-accelerator program is a business canvas masterclass delivered over an eight-week, eight-module program. Each module aligns with key elements of an allied health business plan as described in the Program Outline (below).
The next online program starts on 12 October 2023 and requires a 2-3 hour weekly commitment.
Expert mentors Susan Nancarrow, PhD, CEO of HealthWork International (an allied health professional and entrepreneur), and Gary Morgan, Entrepreneur in Residence at The Allied Health Academy, will facilitate the program (detailed facilitator bios are provided below).
- Eight weeks of self-paced online learning content, including videos, resources and worksheets; each module will be made available weekly in advance
- Eight one-hour live Q&A sessions (Thursdays 2:00pm-3:00pm AEDT) with Susan Nancarrow & Gary Morgan; recordings will be available within the community from the following day
- A virtual award ceremony recognising your journey through the Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs program
- Access to content and online learning community for 12 months
Program Learning Goals
Develop Entrepreneurial Skills
Acquire valuable skills in entrepreneurship specific to allied health, including strategic planning, maintaining your client base, generating referrals, marketing, financial management, and business development.
Cultivate a mindset of innovation and learn how to identify and leverage opportunities for service integration, growth and differentiation in your sector as an allied health professional.
Enhance Service and Product Offerings
Learn techniques to enhance your service and product offerings, delivering exceptional value to your clients or patients while maintaining care outcomes.
- Module 1: Mindset & Your Allied Health Business
- Kickstart your business with the right mindset and resources
- Module 2: Customer Opportunity & Frame the Problem
- Discover your purpose, deliver value, and stand out
- Module 3: Value Proposition
- What’s your value proposition? Learn to leverage the things that make your allied health business unique
- Module 4: Solutions & Customer Relationships
- Building a client base with an outcome-driven and innovative service delivery model and enhanced patient experiences
- Module 5: Build Your Tribe & Engage Stakeholders
- Growing a loyal client base by enabling channels, partnerships, and service integration
- Module 6: Feasibility, Viability & Innovation
- Control costs, maximise revenue, and innovate for growth
- Module 7: Key Activities & Metrics
- Leverage resources, streamline activities, and monitor success for growth
- Module 8: Unfair Advantage & Your Ask
- Unlock your unfair advantage and stand out in your sector of allied health
Meet our Program Facilitators:
Dr Susan Nancarrow, CEO HealthWork International & The Allied Health Academy
Susan is an allied health professional, health services researcher, recovering academic, and the Chair of the Allied Health Assistants’ National Association (AHANA). Susan has more than twenty years’ experience of international health services research, expertise and analysis, with a particular interest in the health workforce, models of health service organisation and delivery, and the sociology of the professions. She founded HealthWork International in 2021 to find new and innovative ways to shape the health workforce, to better meet the needs of 21st century health care.
Gary Morgan, Entrepreneur in Residence, The Allied Health Academy
Gary is an experienced company director, chairman and chief executive of companies in a wide range of industry sectors operating in the private, not-for-profit and research sectors. With proven results, he has over 25 years of corporate advisory, strategy, innovation and scaleup experience in the health tech, aged care, agtech, information security, and research sectors to drive new business growth through transformation, with a major focus on new and emerging digital technologies.
Our next cohort is open for registrations and begins 12 October 2023.
REGISTER NOW for the online Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs program by The Allied Health Academy and unlock your full potential in entrepreneurship, innovation, and workforce development.