The Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs dedicated learning community and pre-accelerator program have been created specifically for allied health businesses to help bridge the gap between clinical expertise and business savvy. The pre-accelerator program is a business canvas masterclass delivered over an eight-week, eight-module program. Each module aligns with key elements of an allied health business plan. Throughout the program, we equip you with the knowledge, skills, and resources to build a sustainable business, capitalize on new opportunities, and drive impact in the allied health field. This learning community unites experts, innovative strategies, and a supportive practice network to guide you in starting, growing, and scaling your allied health venture.
The full eight-week Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs program starts on 12 October 2023, but we are providing this free introductory webinar to allow you to learn more about the program, ask questions, and meet the expert facilitators prior to enrolling. Join us on Tuesday 19 September 2023 at 2:00pm for a virtual Q+A all about Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs.
To read more about the full program offering, please see below:
What’s included in the Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs program?
- Eight weeks of self-paced online learning content, including videos, resources and worksheets, requiring a 2-3 hour weekly commitment; each module will be made available weekly in advance
- Eight one-hour live Q+A sessions (Thursdays 2:00pm-3:00pm AEDT) with expert mentors Susan Nancarrow & Gary Morgan; recordings will be available within the community from the following day
- A virtual award ceremony recognising your journey through the Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs program
- Access to content and online learning community for 12 months
Program Learning Goals and Outline:
The main learning goals include: developing entrepreneurial skills; fostering innovation; and enhancing service and product offerings.
The eight-week program outline is shown below.
- Module 1: Mindset & Your Allied Health Business
- Module 2: Customer Opportunity & Frame the Problem
- Module 3: Value Proposition
- Module 4: Solutions & Customer Relationships
- Module 5: Build Your Tribe & Engage Stakeholders
- Module 6: Feasibility, Viability & Innovation
- Module 7: Key Activities & Metrics
- Module 8: Unfair Advantage & Your Ask
Meet our Program Facilitators:
Dr Susan Nancarrow, CEO HealthWork International & The Allied Health Academy
Susan is an allied health professional, health services researcher, recovering academic, and the Chair of the Allied Health Assistants’ National Association (AHANA). Susan has more than twenty years’ experience of international health services research, expertise and analysis, with a particular interest in the health workforce, models of health service organisation and delivery, and the sociology of the professions. She founded HealthWork International in 2021 to find new and innovative ways to shape the health workforce, to better meet the needs of 21st century health care.
Gary Morgan, Entrepreneur in Residence, The Allied Health Academy
Gary is an experienced company director, chairman and chief executive of companies in a wide range of industry sectors operating in the private, not-for-profit and research sectors. With proven results, he has over 25 years of corporate advisory, strategy, innovation and scaleup experience in the health tech, aged care, agtech, information security, and research sectors to drive new business growth through transformation, with a major focus on new and emerging digital technologies.
Our next cohort for the online Empowering Allied Health Entrepreneurs program is open for registrations and begins 12 October 2023. Learn more and enrol here.
Join The Allied Health Academy today and unlock your full potential in entrepreneurship, innovation, and workforce development.
If you’d like to know more, you’re welcome to reach out via [email protected]