The Child & Adolescent Mental Health Conference will offer practical skills, relevant information, personal insight, and strategies for professionals working in child and adolescent mental health and wellbeing.
In 2023, our theme will be Less Talk, More Action! Helping Children and Young People Navigate Identity, Connection & Diversity. The conference will focus on practical, action-based methods of engaging with young people, and working together to co-design effective systems of mental health care for children and adolescents.
To provide the appropriate mental health care, it is crucial to identify the gap between what we think the needs of Australian adolescents are, compared with actual service utilisation rates.
Who should attend this year’s conference
Mental health professionals, government, peer workers and people with lived experience to progress mental health and wellbeing for children and adolescents:
- Program Managers
- Researchers & Academics
- Counsellors & Consultants
Key discussion topics
- The Needs of a Diverse Community, Identity and Youth
- Voice of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Early Intervention & Prevention
- Service Development, including Empowering Children & Young People
Some objectives of this year’s conference
- Encourage multi-sectoral collaboration and creating an engaging space for knowledge sharing, case studies and learning opportunities.
- Provide access to networking opportunities and a high level of professional development in order to support mental health professionals and emerging workers in the field.
- Address key mental and emotional health challenges facing children and adolescents
- Develop strategies to improve access to adequate mental health services and ensure the development of culturally tailored programs for marginal communities.
- Provide a platform for government policy and initiatives to update, inform and seek feedback from the people who are living and delivering the services in the community.
Collaborate, connect: an ideal opportunity to gather with your peers, sector professionals and policy makers to share stories, experiences and plans for a better future. Visit the conference website for more information and registration.